Are you a creative communications professional with an interest in marketing and PR? Would you like to work for a dynamic, growing technology company who are proud to put our people first? If so, we have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
The campaigns executive will be responsible for the creation and implementation of communications campaigns to ensure the right people know the right things about 67 Bricks. The role encompasses elements of PR and marketing, and so you’ll need to be a confident copywriter. You will work collaboratively with colleagues from across the business to find great stories to share with our target customers, as well as celebrate our successes, and look for opportunities for us to talk about our approach and work at industry events, both virtual and in-person.
You will also be able to get involved in analytics and campaign measurement to benchmark success and be encouraged to make recommendations for future campaigns to improve on reach, ROI and impact. As the marketing function develops there will be opportunities to develop and refine your skills in social media marketing, email marketing and data management, PR, brand management, content marketing, internal comms and many other channels and skills.
This is a newly created position reporting directly to our Head of Marketing. As such, you will have a genuine opportunity to influence and improve the way we do things and to shape and grow your role over time.
- Create press releases and deliver to relevant industry contacts
- Create content marketing campaigns to support the brand position and key targets
- Create e-mail marketing campaigns, and measure effectiveness
- Manage social media channels, including posting regular content, analysing campaign statistics and making recommendations on increasing relevant follower counts
- Update 67 Bricks website with news, insights and other content
- Create and manage visual assets (banners, images etc…) to accompany campaigns in line with brand guidelines – we use Canva for this, no previous experience required
- Write accurate copy in line with brand voice
- Create and update case studies and other content assets on our work to showcase our expertise
- Write applications for award entries, working with relevant internal teams and client teams to create compelling cases for us to win industry recognition
- Attend industry events subject to relevancy and budget – previous events include ALPSP, STM, London Bookfair and Women in Tech.
- Build on our current relationships with partners, seeking new opportunities to collaborate and attend events where relevant
- Identify and embed new processes and ways of working to help our marketing function become more efficient, scalable and robust
- Keep up-to-date with marketing industry best practices, sharing knowledge internally
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone with the drive and enthusiasm to help us become even better known and regarded in our target markets. You will be an empathetic and adaptable communicator who works proactively and positively with peers and internal and external stakeholders to deliver results. You will prioritise working collaboratively – soliciting ideas, taking on board different perspectives and responding to feedback. Our ideal candidate has some experience of working in a marketing or PR /communications team previously and is a confident and organised self-starter since the role will be primarily remote.
Previous qualifications in marketing, PR or communications are helpful, for example, a BA (Hons) in Marketing, CIM/IDM certificate or diploma, or similar, however, these are not a requirement for the role and applicants will not be selected purely on academic achievement. We welcome applications from all professionals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin colour, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
About 67 Bricks
67 Bricks is a vibrant technology partner that works with many of the world’s leading scholarly and professional publishers. We recognise that our staff are the key to our success and are exceptionally proud of the dedication and expertise of our team. As a growing company we are keen to ensure 67 Bricks remains a great place to work, that our culture reflects our values of diversity, openness and respect and our team members are given the support, learning and development opportunities they need to thrive in their careers.
Location and working pattern
The role is home-based with regular meetings in Oxford. Our ideal candidate is therefore based within a reasonable travelling time of Oxford. Our Head of Marketing is based in Bristol and so some travel to meet her – either in the Oxford office, in Bristol, or at a mutually convenient location – is also to be expected. The frequency of in-person meetings will depend on work requirements, but will usually be around once per month. If candidates prefer to be in an office full-time this can also be discussed – we work primarily remotely as a company but some colleagues currently work one or two days a week in the office. Whether you are fully remote or hybrid, we will provide you with the technology you need to work effectively.
We are happy to discuss flexible working options. The role is available up to full time (37.5hrs per week) however we will also consider a shorter working week, compressed hours, or other flexible arrangements, so please speak to us during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like.
Salary and benefits
We promote a healthy work/life balance, offer competitive salaries which are reviewed annually and a range of benefits including:
- Salary within the range of 25-28K D.O.E
- 26 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus, depending on company and personal performance
- Family-friendly culture with enhanced parental and adoption leave policies
- Company pension scheme, matching contributions to 4%
- Friendly colleagues in a positive culture – we hold regular company events like our annual “67 Bricks day”, Christmas party, escape room trips and board gaming
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Flexible working
- Support for personal development with time each week set aside for learning, free access to LinkedIn Learning, and support for other training as discussed with your line manager
How to apply
Please send your CV with a short covering email addressed to Sara MacDougall at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to prevent unconscious bias in our screening process, our team will be anonymising your CV before it is sent on to the hiring manager. You can expect to hear a response within one week of the closing date. We welcome disabled and neurodivergent candidates and support adjustments at all stages of the application process and in the role itself. Any information you choose to declare about a disability will be treated in confidence by HR and only shared with your permission.
If you are shortlisted the process will be:
- An initial informal phone call with the Head of Marketing to discuss the role, answer any questions you have, and talk through any support you may need for the process. Depending on the number of applicants, there may be more shortlisting after this stage.
- A competency-based interview with the Head of Marketing and one other member of staff. We will share the competencies we will ask you to demonstrate and prepare examples for ahead of the interview. There will also be a short task which should take approximately one hour to complete, and we will make sure you have adequate time to complete this before your interview date.
The entire interview process will be done remotely since the teams are spread throughout the South West. Just so you know, we review CVs as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match. We aren’t closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role.