Are you an experienced marketer looking for a role where you can really make an impact? Would you like to work for a growing technology company who are driving change in the publishing industry? If so, we have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
About 67 Bricks
67 Bricks is a vibrant software development consultancy who help publishers deliver information products for the data-driven world. Recently named Finalist in the British Data Awards 2021, our custom-built products offer an alternative to more traditional “off the shelf” vendor platforms. We work with many of the world’s leading scholarly publishers including Emerald, De Gruyter, BMJ and the Royal Society of Chemistry. We take marketing seriously and recognise the pivotal role it plays, both in driving new business and in helping to cement our reputation as a trusted partner to scholarly publishers.
The marketing manager will be responsible for the overall success of our marketing function, delivering activities that are targeted, accurate, timely and effective. Working with colleagues from across the business, they will ensure that 67 Bricks is positioned at the forefront of evolving publisher needs and that the insights and messages we create are well aligned with market trends, reach our target customers and deliver against our company strategy. The role holder will regularly review and analyse the performance and effectiveness of our marketing activities, sharing data and taking forward initiatives to continuously improve what we do.
This is a newly created position, reporting directly into our senior leadership team. As such, the successful candidate will have a real opportunity to influence and improve the way we do things and to shape and grow their role over time.
- Work with the senior leadership team to define and implement our marketing strategy, positioning statement and value proposition
- Define and own our brand identity, working with our PR and communications specialist to communicate, strengthen and evolve our brand over time
- Ensure that all marketing outputs (copy, design, images etc) are accurate, well aligned to our strategy and support our business development targets
- Create and maintain current and target customer profiles, presenting this information internally to build a shared understanding of their needs, drivers and pain points
- Work with business development to carry out regular analysis of competitor activity and to help define and implement lead generation activities
- Work with the senior leadership team to help define go-to-market plans for entry into new market segments
- Define and implement a digital marketing plan, setting up appropriate tools and processes to proactively target our marketing activities to key customer groups and to measure and analyze data and metrics across our channels
- Regularly review and analyse the performance and effectiveness of our marketing activities, sharing data and recommendations to enable us to continuously improve what we do
- Monitor, manage and control costs within our annual marketing budget
- Work with our PR and communications specialist and senior team to produce white papers and thought leadership pieces which influence the direction of industry change
- Identify and embed new processes and ways of working to help our marketing function become more efficient, scalable and robust
- Line management of our marketing team which may grow over time, with a focus on coaching, mentoring and development
- Keep up-to-date with marketing industry best practices, sharing knowledge internally and ensuring our team has the right software, tools and skills
Type of person we are looking for
We’re looking for a marketer with drive, enthusiasm and passion to help us grow our business and further establish our position in the industry. They will be a strong communicator with a proven record of collaborating with multiple stakeholders to deliver results. Our ideal candidate has experience developing and executing marketing plans, running targeted digital campaigns and analysing customer and market needs. They are CIM qualified or hold equivalent professional experience. It is likely that they will have worked in marketing roles in publishing, publishing technology or other b2b technology services.
Familiarity with digital tools and approaches such as WordPress, Google Analytics, social media tracking/analytics, SEO and PPC would be beneficial. However previous hands-on experience in all these areas is not vital, it is more important to be open to and enthusiastic about learning new skills and technologies and understanding the value they can deliver.
As we are a small company the marketing manager must be comfortable carrying out hands-on marketing tasks in addition to working on more strategic initiatives.
Location and working pattern
The role is a full time position (37.5 hours a week) and will be predominantly home-based, with some occasional UK travel, for example to conferences, meetings and our Oxford office.
We are always open to discussing flexible working needs, please speak to us during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like.
Salary and benefits
We promote a healthy work/life balance, offer competitive salaries which are reviewed annually and a range of benefits including:
- 26 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus, depending on company and personal performance
- Family-friendly culture with enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave policies
- Company pension scheme, matching contributions to 4%
- Friendly colleagues in a positive culture – we hold regular company events like our annual “67 Bricks day”, Christmas party, escape room trips and board gaming
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Flexible working
- Support for personal learning and development
Closing date: Monday 10th May 2021.